prc board & staff
The PRC is a parent-run cooperative. As such, we are always
in need of members to serve on committees, events and the board
of directors. With only a few paid PRC staff members, many of
the PRC jobs, such as planning and staffing activities and events,
are run mostly by parent members.
Do you think you can help plan an event for the PRC, or have experience relevant to one of our committees?
involved! If you are interested or need more information,
please call the office at 767-3808 or
Officers for 2012-2013
- Nicole Loiacono - President
- Talia Senders - Treasurer
- Amanda Kowalczuk - Membership Chair
- Grace Lucarelli- Marketing Chair
- Matt Pagano - Communications Chair
- Karen Fishbein - Outreach
- Michelle Karnsomtob - Outreach
- Andrea Moleski
- Analia Quispe
- Amanda Khalil
- Susan Lo - Immediate Past President
Director of Operations
Director of Development
- Barbara Skinner
- Janet Ceriani
- Cindy Jan Moroney
- Gladys Godoy
- Rhina Arevalo
- Fran D’Allesandro
- Jazmine Maglione
- Susan Lo, Designer
- Matt Pagano, Editor
- Grace Lucarelli, Photographer
Learn more about each committee below. We'd be happy to send
you more information if you're interested in finding out about
a specific committee.
- Recruit new members.
- Stimulate, recruit and track member participation
- Nominate Board Members
- Review existing classes, teachers, lesson plans.
- Prepare PRC course schedule.
- Develop new offerings.
- Oversee Parent University and workshops.
- Activity is concentrated in three distinct sessions per year (Mar/Apr, June/July and Oct/Nov); commitment to at least one of these sessions is required.
- Set budgets.
- Monitor income and expenses.
Special Events Committee:
- Manage special events (except Gala)
- Set event budgets.
- Coordinate/track event volunteers.
- Assist in planning the annual PRC Gala.
- Solicit donations from local businesses.
- Help with staffing needs at Gala.
- Explore and mange fundraising
opportunities including sponsorships,
promotions, appeals, etc.
- Facilitate Outreach program.
- Oversee registration for Outreach Inclusion program.
- Recruit Outreach participants.
House Arts Committee:
- Decorate/Improve facility.
- In charge of classroom and hallway
furnishings, decorations, and bulletin boards.
- Create posters
Marketing and Public Relations Committee:
- Create, improve, and access ways to
increase membership, and promote the PRC.
- Marketing the Outreach Program.
- New Mom's Meals
- Supply food for some events.
Developmental Playgroups Committee:
Newsletter and Press Committee:
- Design, write, and edit all PRC publications,
including brochures and newsletters.
- Design event fliers.
- Solicit newsletter advertisements.
- Maintain website; update site as needed.
Administrative/Office Work Committee
- Provide substitute staffing for office.
- Stuff and sticker mailings.
- Phone chains for class or event
changes, cancellations, etc.