The PRC operates as a cooperative, which
means it relies on members to
work together to provide services to the whole membership.
Participating and volunteering your time at the PRC provides
many personal benefits and a great deal of satisfaction. Not
only is it a terrific way to make new friends and spend time
with old friends, but you can make use of your own special
skills and make a difference in this community.
There are many events that occur throughout the year, and members are needed to help with the details. So check out the events calendar, and see if there is somewhere that you would like to help. Help can be set/clean up, taking money at the door, or even baking items for the event.
We hope you will consider joining one of our diverse committees, becoming a Board member or even leading one of the developmentalplaygroup classes. For more information about getting involved in your PRC, please call our executive director at 767-3808. All PRC members are welcome to attend one of our board meetings, which are held on the second Thursday of every month at 8pm.
The PRC operates as a cooperative, which means it relies 100% on its members' volunteer efforts to survive.
The policy for PRC volunteer participation is as follows:
If you would like to find out more about what it takes to run the PRC, there is an open invitation to any one of our Monthly Board Meetings. The Board Meetings are held at the PRC on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 8pm. This is a great way to get invoved, support the PRC, and (with refreshments) have an "Adult" night out.
When you register, you will be asked to indicate where you will volunteer. There are many areas in which the PRC could use your time and help, such as:
Administration or Finance:
• Assisting with mailings
• Data entry and office work
• Participating on the Finance Committee
Art & Design:
• Creating fliers and brochures
• Working on the newsletters
• Updating the PRC Website
• Event decorating & design
• Updating PRC and other bulletin boards
Baking/Cooking for Events & New Moms’ Meals
Event Planning and Programming
• Planning children’s events
• Organizing adult activities and socials
• Planning and/or assisting at the Annual Gala
• Conceptualizing Vacation programs and
• Soliciting donations from local businesses
• Assisting with letter writing campaigns
• Developing relationships with local merchants to
increase member benefits
Marketing and Public Relations:
• Writing press releases
• Updating listserves
• Distributing fliers
• Assisting with market research
• Outreach - attending weekly Stepping Stone classes
• Planning Outreach events
• Teaching Vacation Camp
• Reading stories during child care times
Thank you for supporting your PRC!